Sunday, 28 October 2018

A quick fix

Back in April I finished my first (and so far, only!) #vintagepledge contribution for this year, Butterick 4384. I felt at the time that I'd made it too long, but as it was a winter dress in a thick cotton, there didn't seem much point in spending time on alterations in the spring. So now that the weather has turned colder, I decided that it was time to fix it. In the end I took off 10cm / 4".

The original and the shortened version

I'm still not entirely convinced about the braid placement (and my hair still looks a mess!) but the just above the knee look is far more in keeping with the 1967 pattern.

Far more period-appropriate

No comments:

Post a Comment