So let's have a look.
|Putting the 'dress' into 'dressmaker'|
As well as the modern Blackbird Dress, I completed my Vintage Pledge to make up four of my vintage or reproduction patterns (OK, I actually pledged "at least four", but we'll gloss over that) with the Rosalind Dress, Butterick 6582, Simplicity 1777, and what I now think of as the Gothic Frock (aka Vogue 2401).
2016 was the year that I rediscovered separates. Having drafted a skirt pattern in January, I proceeded to get my money's worth out of it with a needlecord version with pockets, and a pair of skirts squeezed from one remnant (which didn't leave any spare for pockets).
|Skirts. Lots of 'em|
Which just leaves a few odds and ends.
|Slip, pinny and assorted shortening|
I really fell off the Historical Sew Monthly wagon this year, and only completed the first two challenges; making a 1909 slip for Procrastination, and lowering the front of my Edwardian chemise for Tucks and Pleating. Also on the alterations front, I shortened a jumper to a more vintage length - and I love it! I also made an apron to wear on my hatmaking courses, which brings me to the fact that . . .
I FINISHED A HAT!!!!
(As you may just have guessed, I still haven't calmed down from the excitement.)
So - plans for 2017.
I don't intend to commit to too much this year, as my course (which I am absolutely loving) is keeping me pretty busy. Things which I definitely want to do are:
- Finish the other brimmed hat which I started last year
- Finish my poor 1940s coat, which has been languishing on Nancy since April
- Channel my inner Celia Johnson by making up Hollywood 1531.
Of course, other things will come along to totally derail these plans. When I reviewed 2015, I certainly didn't expect that 12 months later I'd be partway though a Masters! But that's all part of the fun.