Sunday 11 August 2024

The inevitable

It was always going to happen. Even as I typed the words last week, "Stash-neutral status is within reach", I knew that I was making myself a hostage to fortune. I just didn’t expect it to happen quite so soon!

Yes, I've bought some fabric.

"Snowdrop" cotton lawn by Peter Horton

I'm blaming American Duchess. I preordered a pair of their new Esme wedges in red and blue, and they arrived this week. They are stunning (you can read more about the design, and wedge shoes in general, here) and of course, I decided that they needed a suitable dress. I was in Liverpool this week, and thought that I would check out the John Lewis fabric 'department' while I was there. It's right on the top floor, tiny, and seems to get tinier every time I visit - it can only be a matter of time before it vanishes altogether. But despite this, it has an uncanny habit of containing just what I'm looking for.

Perfect match

It isn't a 1930s print, but this is a project where I'm not worried about historical accuracy; I was just delighted to find something in the ideal colours. Now I need to consider which pattern to use.

1930s (and one 1940) patterns

Two which came with magazines

Of course, the prospect of stash-neutral status has taken a hit, (as have my batch-cut projects, which was also fairly inevitable) but it was entirely worth it.

Back up to over six metres

No comments:

Post a Comment