Sunday 10 December 2023

Matching set

Not much to report this time, as a lot of the week has been taken up with things festive. But I did finish my little home furnishings project.

This pouffe came from my grandparents' house, many many years ago. I had made a basic cover for it, but that was also a long time and a couple of houses ago. Not only was it now looking very sad, but it didn't go with any of my current décor. So I used the leftovers of the chair cover fabric to make a new one.

The pouffe without any cover

It's very simple; just a wide tube elasticated at the bottom, and topped with a circle of fabric which was backed/strengthened with some more scrap cotton. I sewed a cord trim round the edge just to liven it up a bit. So now my cosy mid-century winter corner is complete.

Now I can, literally, put my feet up

It's a net-zero project as far as the stashometer is concerned, but I've added it for completeness.

Well in the red

Now I'm wondering if I can squeeze in a final stash project before the end of the year, just to bring that figure down to below 20 metres!

No comments:

Post a Comment