Sunday 27 March 2022

A work in progress

A very, very short post today, just a couple of detail shots of the embroidery I'm currently working on.

Please ignore the gaps in the stitching!

All of the embroidery which has appeared on this blog over the years has been on clothing, but I do occasionally do purely decorative pieces, and this is one of them. Satin stitch has never been my strong suit, but hopefully most people won't be seeing the full piece this close-up.

I'm using this antique stiletto as a laying tool

A few of you may understand why I'm not in the mood to write a lot today. Initially it was birthdays and our wedding anniversary which were tough, and I found I could simply ignore 27 March. However, it's actually becoming a harder date as the years go by - I guess it's something to do with marking the passage of time. At least the day is nearly over, and normal service will be resumed next week.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memory eternal! Been thinking about you a lot today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juliana. I always think of you in January - Philip's birthday is very close to mine.

      Delete