Sunday 26 March 2017

#VintagePledge 2017

Yay, it's back!


Once again, Marie of A Stitching Odyssey is hosting the VintagePledge. Full details are here, but put simply, the VintagePledge is all about sewing with vintage or reproduction patterns.

Last year I completed my pledge of making up at least four of my vintage or reproduction patterns, which was Very Good. However I failed dismally in my plan to reduce my stash, which was Very Bad. Of the four items I made, three were with new fabric.

Because of my studies, I'm scaling back on the number of things to make this year. However I'm setting myself an extra challenge instead. I've identified some of the most vintage-appropriate fabrics* in my embarrassingly-large collection (trust me, this is only part of it), photographed them properly this time (albeit without ironing them first!), and created a new collage.



So the challenge is this:

During 2017, I, Black Tulip, pledge to make up at least three of my vintage or reproduction patterns from the fabrics shown above.

So that's the plan. I can make as many other items as I like from new fabric, but by the end of the year three of those dozen dress lengths need to be hanging in my wardrobe instead of folded in my workroom!

* - I've just realized that the fabric far right in the middle row has been in my stash so long that it qualifies as vintage itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment