Monday 9 November 2015

Hats Amazing at Hat Works

On Saturday I went to one of the Open Blocking Days at Hat Works, where you get the opportunity to block hats on some of the vintage blocks in the museum's collection. It was great fun, and thanks to Bronwen Simpson for all her hard work organising it. Watch out for a full post just as soon as I finish my hat!

That's it for courses for 2015, but I can get my hatting fix by visiting the new exhibition at the museum; Hats Amazing.


Like most museums, Hat Works has a vast treasure trove of objects hidden away in storage. Now museums staff and partners have chosen their favorite objects from the collection, and Hats Amazing will bring to light artefacts which have not been exhibited before, and tell the stories behind them.

The exhibition has been put together by Heritage Lottery Fund trainee Hannah Josey. You can read her blog about her work and Hats Amazing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment